New law requires sales and use tax dealers to file and pay tax electronically to receive a collection allowance
For sales and use tax returns and payments due on or after July 1, 2012, dealers may deduct a collection allowance only when they:
· File sales and use tax returns electronically;
· Pay tax electronically; and
· Electronically file and pay tax (“e-file and e-pay”) timely.
If you currently file paper tax returns and/or pay by check, cash, or money order and wish to continue receiving a collection allowance after July 1, you may:
· Use the Department’s website to enroll for e-Services or to electronically file and pay tax without enrolling (no fee). You will need to provide your:
o Sales and use tax certificate number and/or business partner number.
o Federal employer identification number (FEIN) or social security number (SSN).
o Contact information.
o Bank routing/transit number and bank account number.
· Buy software from a Department-approved vendor.
Print step-by-step instructions on how to enroll for e-Services.